Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Television freedom

Sure it isn't ideal to have a husband who travels for work. It would be great to have an extra set of hands to help prep dinner or clean up afterward. And at bathtime, my aching back and bulging belly would prefer to be kicked back in the recliner rather than hunched up trying to clean a squiggly, wiggly boy who loves to splash like he's in the ocean. Still, in this economy it IS ideal to have a husband with a job that permits us to keep me at home with our son and soon-to-be second son. And it is ideal that I am able to handle the daily tasks on my own at this stage of pregnancy and be just a bit more tired at the end of every day.

And at the end of each day while Big travels...I LOVE the television freedom when I get to sit down and finish off the day. I can watch whatever series of worthless reality or other crap and disconnect from it all. And I can do it without having to defend my ridiculous choices in programming. Big doesn't give me too much grief but I can feel his puzzled expression when he catches me watching an episode of "The Hills" and other shows of that breed. I enjoy, for some crazy reason, watching crap and it is a treat to do it without guilt.

So, here's one thing that I can embrace and truly LOVE about Big having a job that takes him away from home. There's a silver lining to almost every cloud!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you on the television freedom being one of my favorite perks to my husbands job! There is just something about knowing I can watch whatever my little heart desires that makes me happy!

(I love that you are doing this this month!)