Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A tale of two breakfasts

I LOVE multi-tasking meals...And I don't mean a meal where I am doing anything besides enjoying the food and company but rather a meal that meets more than one food craving at a time.

Today I met an old high school girlfriend for brunch. We reconnected almost a year ago through Facebook and have gotten together a handful of times since we discovered we both live in Austin. She is a great girl and happens to be pregnant, too...which I just found out today. She is about 19 weeks and we had a good old time hashing out our most "delightful" joys of pregnancy. We agreed that at a certain point, you just begin to age in dog years when it comes to pregnancy in your 30s.

Now, back to brunch food items...and the LOVE of my day.

I always struggle with breakfast/brunch menus. I can never quite decide if I am in a decadent egg mood or a sweet, french toast/cinnamon roll-ish mood. Today I met my match...a menu that had an item for the "me people" in the world. The indecisive sweet-or-savory-dilemma crowd.

I opted for the migas (mexican eggs w/ tortillas and veggies served w/ fresh tortillas and chipotle sauce) AND french toast. It was called the Paris Texas breakfast and it suited me perfectly. I don't know that I've ever found a breakfast menu item that met both sides of my food personality more precisely.

Yum...that was some filling love today! Held me from brunch until dinner and that's saying something.

No comments: