Saturday, February 6, 2010

Family dinners

It is super simple and makes a happy bunch of us...family dinner! We do them every night...minus Big when he travels but Bug & I enjoy our dinners when he's away. There is nothing quite so nice as sitting down with the family and enjoying a meal together. As I mentioned a few posts ago, I have been trying out new recipes and that has brought family dinners to a new happy place.

Of course, we didn't try anything new tonight but it all came together quickly and easily and tasted wonderful! The three of us sat down with our plates of fish, pintos & rice and buttery brussel sprouts...yum! We each gobbled our dinners and then Bug enjoyed a yogurt for dessert while I cleaned up our mess.

Nothing over the top...just a special way to head into the end of a day!

And I will appreciate it extra tonight since tomorrow we'll be eating over at some friends' for a kid's birthday/Super Bowl celebration...and although that will be fun, it won't just be our little family unit together. We'll feast and have a ball without a doubt though...are you ready for some football?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dinnertime is a special occasion at our house as well. With my husband gone so much, I often use breakfast and lunchtime to get a few things done - as in, I fold laundry at the kitchen table while the kids eat so that when lunch is over we can all play together. But dinner is always spent with all of us sitting around the kitchen table talking about what we did that made our day fun. And I don't have to tell you how amazing it is to have Briar sitting at the table with us now.