Saturday, February 27, 2010

Completion of crafting-whew!

I am not crafty. I like to do crafty things occasionally but please know that I am NOT crafty. I like to look at crafty websites and blogs but I don't fancy myself very good at the task. Still, for some reason, I chose to make something for the co-hostesses of my baby 'sprinkle' rather than buy them something. And let's be honest...when I say "for some reason" what I mean is that I needed to do something thoughtful that didn't cost a small fortune as there are 9 co-hostesses for the shower. It is easy to get pretty pricey when you are buying something thoughtful for that many ladies.

I found some really cute glass votive bowls. Then I got a roll of pink ribbon to wrap around the top of the bowl and a roll of lavender ribbon to wrap around the bottom of the bowl. The goal is for the girls to have a spring-y votive holder or candy display dish. So, to complete the bowls, I made lavender chiffon buttons and attached them to the top pink ribbon. I then filled the bowls with pillow mints and nested a wrapped gardenia-scented votive in the lavender chiffon all tied with a pretty pink bow. I also included a little Easter egg ornament that the girls can hang over the button to decorate their bowls for Easter.

I am DONE with this project completely and the gifts are all wrapped in white tissue and tucked into pastel gift bags. All are ready to be handed out tomorrow. It was quite a job and took a lot more time and effort than I initially expected but I am a bit of a perfectionist. And it was pretty fun...which I couldn't have said until it was all done. A deep sigh of relief is what you just overheard.

I LOVE that they turned out cute and I LOVE that they are done.

I will post a pic tomorrow if I get a chance to download the pics tonight.

No comments: