Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Imagine my surprise...

Imagine my surprise when I came across our news in the LFCA.
 
Thank YOU very much to my angel out in blogland. I think you are Fishsticks but in case I am wrong, Thank YOU, Thank YOU and Thank YOU!
 
I am at my standard Tuesday place in the week. I am having serious doubts that the news will be good on Thursday and just trying to hang in until then. Unfortunately, Big is on a business trip and I am solo mom to Bug and 2 ginormous dogs. It is a challenge that I am unaccustomed to. I appreciate so much having Big home for dinner each night so I can cook and clean up without any worry for Bug. Big relieves me of mommy duty each night and I treasure that relief. We are getting by just fine so far...he's been gone since yesterday morning and he'll be home tomorrow night. So, we are halfway there! It has been really great b/c I find myself allowing greater patience in my day b/c I realize there isn't an end in sight until bedtime.
 
The only real struggle so far has been bathtime. I am getting too big to manage from outside the tub. So, tonight, I am hopping in with the Bug and we will have a bath playtime together. That will be nice, too. I like a warm bath to slow down after the day and I will be ready for bed about the same time as Bug tonight.
 
What I haven't mentioned is that Big is likely taking a position which will require a good deal of travel. So, I am adjusting during this trip like it will be occuring weekly from here on out. I may have lots more to vent on that later. But for now, I am looking at it as a positive. At least, I will have the routine of being a solo mom to one child down pat well in advance of the possibility of being a solo mom to 2 kids. Here's hoping I get to face that challenge in April and beyond!
 
Thank YOU again for sharing my tough days with LFCA. I appreciate the thought and time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the great thing about LFCA. It brings everyone together when we need it most. :)

Anonymous said...

A warm bath and an early bedtime sound like the perfect end to the day! I am the solo parent way more often than I would like - the thought is daunting (did I even come close to spelling that right?!) at first, but once you find your grove, it isn't too bad. Big hugs!