Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Twas the night before Turkey and my first show and tell

My first time to show and tell and I'm sharing my day before Thanksgiving poem of thanks...


Twas the night before Turkey and all through the kitchen
you could hear mixing gadgets and grown-ups were bitchin'.
Potatoes were boiling while casseroles were baking.
Apple pies were frozen because mom's okay faking.


Daddy was prepping the gas grill for our bird
while Bug watched Charlie Brown, not saying a word.
Deacon and Lulu were lounging on the floor.
And though there was too much, we kept prepping more.


The serving pieces were washed, rinsed and dried.
The canned goods and staples were all set aside.
And for french toast breakfast the eggs were all beaten
The oven was cleaned and ready for heatin'.


And when it's tomorrow I'll share my dear Thanks...
Thank God I am pregnant, no need to wear Spanx!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was AWESOME! Super creative and very cute. I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

BB said...

Pretty cool! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :)

Half of a Duo, Raising a Duo said...

Stopping by from Show and Tell.

Love the visual. I hope and pray you have a happy Thanksgiving!

Kristin said...

I absolutely LOVE this poem. Great job.

Anonymous said...

That was an awesome poem! Thank you for sharing.

Cara said...

Wow! What a debut to show and tell.

We, um...went out to a resturant. No drama, no left overs, no mess...

It was kinda fun. Hope your actual turkey day was fun and relaxing too.