I am thankful for an overall perfect doctors visit today to hear our littlest man's heartbeat. He still has a healthy, happy heartbeat which is perfection, in and of itself.
The icing aspects on my Thankful Thirteenth cupcake:
He kicked Super OB while she was counting his heart rate...so hard, in fact, that she had to re-position the doppler and re-start her count. She was kind of startled that it was so sudden and hard and asked if I had been feeling movement already. I explained that I had been and that this would likely be my final "freak out visit." (The freak out visits are my weekly stops outside of scheduled appointments to just have a listen and gain more peace of mind.) That she felt him kick has re-affirmed my thoughts that he is one active and strong little man and I can rely on feeling him sporadically but nevertheless every night just for my own reassurances.
Unfortunately, I had to go today as they were busy yesterday except for the exact time I needed to be picking up Bug from school. I scheduled for today but it was right during lunchtime/naptime for Bug and he wound up having to go with me. Having an appointment with Bug and no Big is exactly the circumstance of the appointment we found Erin had no heartbeat so I was a little tentative. But we brought lunch and Bug sat like a little gentleman in the exam room and ate his lunch. He lit up when he heard the heartbeat...he knew just what to listen for from all the previous visits for Erin and earlier visits with Big during this pregnancy. It was heavenly!!
On another note entirely...BB--to answer your question, it seemed to be much later in my first pregnancy before I even noticed movement. Sometime between 20-22 weeks I realized what I was feeling was movement. It was a good several more weeks before the movement became so pronounced that I could physically see it from the outside. I want to say third trimester even. Then, if I felt a good kick, I could push where he was kicking to get him to do it again and show it to someone. You may be much sooner than that with twins, though!
And really now...what is the best way to respond when someone asks a qeustion in a comment. I am pretty clueless to the details of blogging still and will welcome any suggestions.
Making Bets
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
Aaw... it must be so exciting for the big brother! And thanks for answering my question! I think I started feeling movement at 14 weeks... and I saw my tummy moving the other day... it feels like it is too early to see anything on the outside... but then I wonder what it was! Can gas make your tummy dance around!?
Yeah for a good appointment and for Bug being so well behaved! How cool that he was so excited to hear the baby's heartbeat.
(And on the commenting . . . a lot of people answer questions in the comments section (ie., leave a comment on your own blog), though you can also e-mail a response to anyone who has their comments linked to an e-mail address . . . for example, if you wanted to respond to me, you just have to hit 'Reply' and you can e-mail me.)
Post a Comment