Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful

I am very thankful for all the blessings in my world. I have been visiting some blogs today that are experiencing such loss and sadness that it seems important to acknowledge all that we have been blessed with...in terms of family and all areas of our life. We have been blessed with Bug, we have been blessed with Erin in heaven to watch over us and we are now blessed to be pregnant with Baby Boy Blue. These are immeasurable treasures and we have done nothing out of the ordinary to have earned them.

I know that there are people...many people...who would give so much to have even a bit of this goodness for their families. I wish them all peace in their journeys toward a complete family. Their journeys will look different from one another's journeys and their outcomes may be starkly different. So, all I can wish them is peace. Peace to embrace their journeys, no matter how trying they become. Peace to embrace their outcomes, no matter how they may look different than in dreams. Peace to find goodness...if not in what they have, then in what they have been spared.

There is goodness in peace. It isn't always happiness but it is a sense of comfort for me. I am thankful, as well, to hold this view as it will carry me through many ups and downs in this life.

No comments: