Doppler today went smoothly and we still have a healthy, happy little heartbeat going strong in there. I am delighted, of course.
I did decide to drop a short email to 7 of my good girlfriends in the neighborhood and let them know our news but also our desire to treat it very delicately. I said that I won't be talking about it but that I did want them to know why I am getting increasingly large. I have gotten a few very kind responses so far. I expected nothing short of that but you always wonder if someone may just miss the boat.
So, in the next week, we go next week back to the MFM to have a detailed ultrasound and find out the sex...if she cooperates. Yes, I am being bold for a girl who initially predicted a boy but I feel like she's a she. I will be good either way though. That'll be my next Thursday update...in the event that nothing else transpires, good or bad, between now and then.
In unrelated life news, Big and I celebrated our 5th anniversary last week with a delicious dinner out sans Bug. It was perfect! I stuffed myself and that is saying quite a lot. , Toasted (pateurized) goat cheese and almond salad, filet mignon swimming in a delectable sauce topped with sauteed crawfish and chipotle mashed potatoes on the side. Then for dessert (because everyone knows dessert is a pregnant lady's martini) a chocolate bread pudding with vanilla creme sauce. Yum, yum and a little more yum!
Hope all is well in the world for the rest of the world.
Please continue to keep us in your prayers...our expected due date for Erin was slated to be Nov. 5 (next Thursday)...it will hopefully be a bittersweet day. Hoping to hear some good news at the doctor to offset the rest of the feelings we will be working through.
Making Bets
2 weeks ago
3 comments:
Yeah for a great appointment! And Happy Anniversary!
You will be in my thoughts in the coming week, and especially next Thursday.
I came over from LFCA. I am so sorry for the loss of Erin, but so happy for your rainbow. I am hoping for a rainbow of my own soon so finding it very hopeful to see other ladies tell their tale of rainbows. *hugs* I am hoping all goes well with your ultrasound and that you have a calming come over you as you approach Erin's due date.
Sorry, have been kinda away from the blogosphere and haven't commented on your updates. First of all belated Anniversay wishes! And... I can't believe you are having the gender reveal already!!! It was scheduled for today right? Are you done with your u/s??? I am curious! :) I know this is a bitter sweet moment... but I am hoping that your lil angel is granting you your wish!
On my side... the pricking is going alright... there are times when I wish I could eat more at one given time... but anything to keep this healthy!
Post a Comment