By my title, you'd think I am thankful for nothing today but that's not the case. I am thankful for an uneventful OB appointment. We heard a healthy heartbeat and found everything else to be A-OK.
We also hashed out and finalized the date for my scheduled c-section...a necessity as a result of our last birth experience. The thanks for nothing part of this post is directly to do with this scheduling. We got our first choice of date...which was great. But, all in all, it's pretty pointless. I don't foresee making it to that date so it basically means nothing. And in sharing this thought with Super OB, she calmly nodded and smiled like a woman who has seen it all and said, "Yep, happens all the time."
I was a week early with Bug. And this baby is measuring a week ahead just like Bug did throughout our first pregnancy. And if Murphy's Law has anything to say about all our attempts at scheduling and planning, the c-section date will come after the birth of baby number two. It was a victory nevertheless to look so simply at the future as though it will come without any major hiccups or heartbreaks...so, we shall see.
Making Bets
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
Being thankful for nothing out of the ordinary sounds like a good sort of thankful to me! Yeah for a 'due' date!
Being thankful for nothing is always great in such cases... nothing happening is better than a stressful and eventful doctor appontments! :)
Post a Comment