Monday, November 15, 2010

Three days o' Thanks

Saturday was a day of Fall festivals...we only made it to one b/c Bug had his last soccer game of the season right in the middle of the afternoon. Plus, it was cool weather so it actually felt like a Fall festival. What a treat! I am thankful to live in a small enough town that we enjoy little street festivals a few times throughout the year. I grew up in Miami, FL and we had no such little festivals...the festivals we had were quite large and more hectic than enjoyable, in my opinion. I am glad to be bringing my boys up in this small town.

Sunday was cloudy, cold, and drizzly. A perfect day to be indoors working on our lazy. And we didn't have anything outside the house to do after church and grocery shopping...so we stayed in and hung out together. Lazy-ish! I did a few loads of laundry, made a big batch of baby food and just watched football with my fellas. I am thankful to have a lazy day every now and then when the weather forces us...and might even enjoy a lazy day indoors when the weather is perfectly wonderful.

Today, Big set off on another work trip. That's nothing unusual or anything to be thankful about. What I am thankful for is that he delayed leaving on his trip so he could come with us to Bug's swim lesson. Having him there was a huge deal to Bug and he enjoyed it every bit as much as Bug. It is a blessing to have a husband who takes his fatherhood so seriously and makes time every chance he gets to be a part of Bug's day-to-day life. He travels and has so much calling his time but he makes a point to stop and enjoy daddy time. Not many fathers seem to do that...maybe more than I think...but I am thankful, in any case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! I remember small town carnivals and parades and events from my childhood. Nothing like that in the here and now. And yes, lazy days are awesome!