Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sweet sleep and Little Stingers

Evidently, yesterday I was thankful for my bed as I fell fast asleep around 7:45 after I tucked Bug into bed. It seems to always happen on Friday nights that I am asleep before Bug.That bed is a welcoming haven at the end of a long week...and this week Big didn't even travel.

Today, my thanks is more thought out.
It is our second to last Stingers game this season. The Stingers are Bug's soccer team and Big is their coach. We have had practices every Thursday and games every Saturday for the past 9 weeks. We have a great bunch of little guys and Big is infinitely more patient than any person in the world when he is coaching. What started as a mish-mash of fussy 3-year-olds clustered around a ball on the field has become almost an organized game with everyone having a blast while points are being scored frequently...in our own goal.

As we near the end of the Stingers season, I appreciate all that team sports teach the kids. These are lessons that kids and even some adults seem to have never learned...work together, finish what you start, do what you say you are going to do b/c people are counting on you, roll with the punches and move on when something bad happens or you miss a chance for something great. Thank you soccer (and Big as the coach) for helping to teach our kids important lessons that will make them kids (and one day adults) with sense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this grateful posting thing. The idea of learning the basics from 3 and 4 year old soccer stars makes me smile. Thank God for sweet reminders.