Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Swinging and Adult Conversation

Things have been a little hectic...

Bug has strep and Big is traveling and Bub is crawling and I need a nap. So I am a day late again posting but am doubling up my thanks.

Yesterday, I was extraordinarily appreciative to have some adult conversation after 2 days stuck in the house with a sick Strep kid and his incredible, crawling baby brother. It was a girls-night-in to be shared with a few of my girlfriends. Unfortunately, two of them were down sick and another was wiped out after a day of work...in the end, two of us chatted, drank wine and watched a little Dancing program on ABC. I needed that time with a grown-up...and a glass of wine.

Today, I thank my lucky stars that Bug has just figured out how to swing by himself. Ah, all the time I will have to myself now that he won't require my arms to do the work for him. It's already paying off as I prepped tomorrow night's dinner while he is out there swinging himself senseless and the little Bub is tucked safely in a Sesame Street activity center. So, I also toss out a little thanks for containment!

These things are what get me through the rough days!

No comments: