Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hope you're thankful for another 3 thanks

In the few minutes I manage to get to myself in these past several evenings, is it any wonder blogging doesn't even make it on my radar? I have been slaving away trying to get a year's worth of kid pictures condensed, captioned, edited and sensibly placed in that Shutter.fly photo book I was raving about the other day. And yes, I still adore the photo books...they are undeniably a labor of love and time consuming if you happen to be an OCD perfectionist, as I am.

SO, here we go again with 3 days worth of thanks...

Tuesday: I was thankful for a resilient and happy Bub as he got his second dose of flu shot that morning. Had things gotten frustrating, it was going to be an unbearably LONG day and night as Big was traveling. But as it happened, no trouble at all...save for a quick sniffle at the time he felt the shot.

My boys don't get too bothered by shots thankfully. That still gives me no peace with Bug's 4 year well-check approaching and his resulting anxiety regarding the 4 shots. He will be largely unaffected at the appointment but in the months leading up, I hear it about almost daily.

Wednesday: I was thankful to be mom to two such patient and well-behaved little guys. Our morning took a turn. Our original plan of going to a local little kids amusement park was sidelined and we wound up at the outlet mall to get Bug some new shoes. It was a breeze! Bub didn't give any fuss about riding in the stroller but seemed to enjoy all the stuff he was getting to see. Bug tried on several pairs of shoes and was a great listener. This isn't a boast...b/c this is not his normal, everyday behavior...he decided to roll with it and not get all kinds of crazy and rambunctious. Ah, what a blessing...Thank you, boys!!!

Thursday: Today...I am thankful for the hilarious and sweet statements from Bug every single day. Just this morning there were a few things. About his new sneakers: "These shoes are so fast. I am going to race Dylan and win. These shoes are so fast even-I will probably run into the walls since they (the shoes) only run and don't stop." On his thankful turkey at school: (No, Big and I didn't even get a shared mention on one thankful feather) He is thankful for 'going peepee and washing hands alone, playing with Bub, playing in his playroom, using his stool to open the window shades in his playroom' and a couple other things. It touches me that he appreciates his independence b/c we do a lot to foster that around here. And most importantly, I don't mind if I never make it on his list of things to be thankful for as long as his brother always makes it. That was my dream in having a second child...that they be a buddy to each other. Yes, it is early and we will have many battles ahead. Still, it bodes well in my opinion that Bub got his first thankful feather.

Still ahead tonight, girls night with my mom friends from church. Hoping for fun since I will be exhausted by that time! Oh, and wine. Did I mention wine? There will be wine. I am thankful for wine. Very thankful for wine. Jesus clearly hit on something good with wine.

No comments: