Wow...I didn't foresee how challenging it would be to remember that I need to blog thanks each day this month. I suppose I am busy doing and not so busy writing about the goodness of it. And I am happy that this thankful month is coming to a close...only b/c I don't enjoy the inadequacy I feel when I realize I have forgotten to blog my thanks for another few days.
Friday: Bug wasn't feeling himself and he was warning me all day that his stomach was sick. Finally, around 4pm, when Big had been home for a bit, it came on strong. Bug said my tummy feels funny. Big asked if he thought he needed to throw up and Bug's face said it all...out it came! All the chunky, vomit-glory in a lovely hue of lavender-ish mauve thanks to the blueberry applesauce he had eaten for dessert at lunch. Bless his tiny heart and sick belly, I hurt for him. Big got busy cleaning the floor. I stripped Bug and tossed gross clothes into the laundry and shuttled the little man into the shower. He felt much better after the puke...don't we all? After his shower, we all took it easy and lounged at home for the evening. As crazy as it sounds, I was so glad that we got that first BIG puke out of the way. He had thrown up a little bit once before but this was a DOOZY! Throwing up is pretty traumatic for little people since they have no idea what is going on...and he made it through and felt better afterward. What a relief that it wasn't a stomach bug that kept him feeling bad after he threw up. Now, he thinks throwing up is the light at the end of the sick-belly tunnel. So yes, I am thankful that Bug threw up a boatload and bounced back nicely. At least, vomit is the big problem and nothing more serious. We are a lucky crew!
Saturday: We got to see the local high school band parade through our neighborhood. They are practicing for their appearance at the Fiesta Bowl and we had the good fortune to enjoy their practice. Bug hadn't seen a band before and he loves to groove. He and his little friends were dancing up a streak. They had such a great time! And after a brief crying spell, Bub enjoyed it too. At first, it was a little loud but he got used to it and bounced along in his Ergo. I posted the video that my girlfriend took on my face.book...if you happen to be a fb friend, check it out. It was a unique treat and I am thankful to see my little guy rocking out to a high school marching band without wandering far from home.
Sunday: I am beyond appreciative of all that we are able to provide our kids and the challenges they have (so far) been able to avoid knowing. We 'adopted' a child to get a Christmas gift for at our church yesterday...and will probably 'adopt' a few more before the end of the season. The 15-year-old boy we picked asked for a basketball OR a football. That just crushes me. I always associate such magic with the Christmas season and this young man is asking for something as simple as a football or basketball. I wish so much more for his life and his future. It isn't about gifts...I get that. The difficult part for me is imagining what his life must be like on any given day. It makes me sad and I wish I could do more. I am thankful for the financial hardships we haven't experienced and the ability to provide the basics and much more to our children.
Monday: We will be loading up shortly to head over to a birthday party. Bug's best buddy at school, Dylan, is having his party today at a bouncy house. It will be a wonderful way to spend the end of the day and we all get cupcakes. Any day that includes a cupcake is a day worthy of thanks! Plus, Dylan's mom is a gifted baker and cake/cupcake decorator. I can't wait to see what she has come up with for us to enjoy. Should be a hoot!
Wishing you an abundance of things to be thankful for in your own life.
Making Bets
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment