A (not so) quick little update...
We have been a busy bunch trying to get ready for the arrival of Baby Boy #2. And getting in some rest. And just maneuvering through the daily routines and chores.
The kooky news...yesterday as I was vacuuming, Bug decided it would be a great time to jump on the sofa. It was all fun and games until he launched himself off the sofa and into the coffee table. Did I mention that he was leading with his face...his nose, in particular? Needless to say, we had tears and blood. Much more blood than tears but little boy wonder is a trooper. After holding on the phone for what seemed an eternity, I got the pediatrician's nurse on the line and she told me we could come in today and have the doc take a look. It didn't amount to much since the swelling is still pretty bad. We get to keep an eye on the Bug's nose and see if there is any evident bump or bend when the swelling subsides. If so, we can get to the ENT to set it. She put much of my fear to rest by explaining that we have 2 weeks before the re-setting would involve re-breaking the nose. So, I'm feeling fairly confident that we will have plenty of time to see the nose sans swelling to avoid and unnecessary agony for my little man. Perhaps he hasn't been initiated into boyhood with a break but I consider him 'all boy' regardless!
Just because the universe likes a chuckle every now and then...Big came home from work yesterday and announced he wouldn't be joining us for dinner. I had a crazy day with laundry (4 loads total when I added in all the load of bloody clothes for Bug and I) and vacuuming, mopping, cooking and then cleaning from dinner. I also got to manage bathtime and bedtime which are 2 things I normally leave in his capable hands. But bless his heart. He's got the stomach flu. He thought it was something he had eaten but he hadn't eaten much. AND when he was still dreary this morning, we knew he needed to lay low and stay home today. We do a good job of keeping him away from us...germ-wise so I hope the boy and I dodge this bullet. But time will tell. Tonight, Big even made it downstairs and had a bagel and chicken soup with us during dinner. It was nearly like normal...the family dinner. I commandeered the evening chores again and actually didn't mind it all too much. Still, I am looking forward to a completely healthy family sometime soon.
Today, I saw my high-risk OB for the last visit. The ultrasound went well...as they have this pregnancy and my homocysteine levels are still coming back very low which is great news. Low homocysteine signifies that I am not having any clotting issues right now which is critical in the third trimester for an heterozygous MTHFR girl. He said they would look forward to baby boy pics when he arrives. I thanked them all profusely for the appointments, reassurances and peace of mind they have lent during this pregnancy.
My 36 week OB visit is Thursday. She'll be checking my cervix and doing our normal doppler check.
We are nearing the end of this pregnancy. I am hoping we have a good outcome but I still don't feel we are in the clear. In fact, tonight when I was putting Bug down to bed...my heart skipped a beat. We normally sing "You Are My Sunshine" every day when I put him down for nap and sometimes he likes to sing it at bedtime.
He decided to change it up a bit and sang...
"You are my baby, my only baby, you make me happy when skies are grey. You never know Baby, how much I love you. Please don't take my baby away."
I nearly died when he said that last line. Then I started to panic and wonder when was the last time I had felt a movement. I am still a bit panicked but I am just going to indulge in a bit of ice cream or pie and wait for the sugar Olympics to work their magic.
That's what I've been up to. Counting down and hoping for the best!
Making Bets
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
OMG - poor Bug! And poor you for having to deal with it! I hope that the swelling goes down quickly and that there is no need for follow-up (because the last thing you need right before giving birth is that!)
I am glad that things continue to go well and that everything looks good. I can't wait to hear that Baby Boy has arrived safe and sound!
Oh my... its been a lil rough out there! Hope Bug & Big are doing better now!
Yes, we are very close... and I want to thank you for all the support you have provided me through this journey! Hope things keep going well for you and me! I am counting down hours and hoping we both have healthy chubby babies!
Post a Comment