After a month of spewing puppies, warm chocolate chip cookies and sunshine...it's time for some hostility and frustration to issue forth!
I will preface by stating that perhaps my tremendous irritation at this situation is exacerbated by the pregnancy, hormones, lack of sleep AND the daily non-stop discomforts of being way too pregnant while solo-momming a 3 year old little man. Or maybe I am just a normal girl who has had enough of wackadoo baggers at the grocery store and all those other factors are irrelevant. You decide.
I am anal. I am a perfectionist....regarding certain things. I am very particular about how I do things. I like to think that there is a reason why I do everything. Every. Thing. Just ask Big. He hears it all the time. When he attempts to do something and he does it 'wrong' (in my opinion) I always run through the laundry list o' reasons why I do things the way I do them.
When I grocery shop, I have a precise method of loading the buggy. It happens to keep all the refrigerated foods together, produce together, frozen foods together, canned goods together, etc.... You get the idea. I think most people tend to shop this way. I put my groceries on the conveyor belt at checkout in the same organized groupings. We have 2 fridges...one inside and one in the garage. I try to minimize the number of trips I make back and forth with bags. I anticipate that any bagger with an ounce of sense is bagging in organizationed categories, as well.
But that was my mistake today. I shouldn't even have entertained such a ridiculously impossible notion.
The bagger today was blindly grabbing and tossing things in arbitrary bags. It was a total shitstorm and I was busy trying to keep my head from popping off my body It was almost like she had 4 bags open at the end of the conveyor and was just mixing and matching items into each bag...not putting back-to-back items in the same bag as if her life depended on it. I have truly never experienced anything quite like this at the store. There was absolutely NO rhyme or reason to her technique. To add insult to injury, she clearly took zero notice of the fact that I am large-as-a-house-pregnant and clearly incapable of hoisting bags that weigh 45 pounds a piece.
Plainly put, this woman was a complete idiot or is maybe the newest contestant on a game show that attempts to see who can get fired the quickest from their job.
It took a troubling amount of time to unload groceries today. I had to set all the bags on the floor of the garage and sort items into the garage fridge. Then I lifted all those same bags and brought them into the house to unload them into the inside fridge and pantry.
Thank the good lord I didn't have any bread or eggs today as we picked those up on Sunday. I can't imagine what condition they would have been in when we got home.
Yes, in true frustrated fashion, I have taken to the internet with my anger and my facebook status today reflected my morning trip to the store, also.
Tootertotz would have preferred a one-armed, brain-damaged marmoset to the 'speed bagging genius' responsible for my groceries this morning. Probably shouldn't have ventured directly to the store after navigating a morning at the car inspection spot. In any case, that bagger SUCKED!
Making Bets
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
OMG. I seriously could have written this EXACT same post! I am beyond anal about my groceries and how they are put in the cart and bagged. I bring my own cloth bags, and the baggers at my local store seem to have made it their mission in life to shove as much stuff into the bags as possible - like so-heavy-I-can-only-carry-one-at-at-time-into-the-house full. It drives me batty! And don't get me started on unpacking them - every Friday it looks like the grocery store threw up in my kitchen.
Post a Comment