Thursday, March 25, 2010

The update...pretty meaningless though, if you really want my opinion

So, today was my 36 week OB appointment.

It went well although she hadn't gotten my paperwork from the high-risk dr from my Tuesday visit. That is a non-event, in any case.

I am 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced...which truly means nothing.. The first time moms out there may think it could be any minute now but I realize we will quite likely make it easily to next weeks dr. appointment without fail. That is good.

My birthday is next Tuesday and I would rather not be in the hospital for that, if at all possible. To put it mildly, I don't enjoy the hospital beds in post-partum and it'd be great to be home sleeping in my own bed for the night of my birthday. For what it's worth, I will take a healthy baby anytime but if I am getting my preference granted I may as well put the request out there to have my birthday pass at home with our little 3 person family for one last birthday celebration.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I will keep the blog updated if I do happen to start with the contractions...if so, they are taking the little guy out from today's doctor appointment on.

2 comments:

BB said...

Wishing you the best and hoping your wish is granted! Happy Birthday in advance! :)

Best When Used By said...

Yup, at 2 cm and 60% effacement I would have thought you could go at any time! Whaddo I know?

I hope you get to be home Tuesday and spend your birthday the way you want. Your little gift will arrive soon enough! :)