The visit went great! Our risk for Down's and Trisomy 18 is as if I was a 20-year old so I couldn't be happier. The baby was restful but we had a healthy heartbeat 168 bpm and Big got his first live views of this baby. He really enjoyed it.
I got to finally sit and discuss our last pregnancy directly with the doctor who had been consulting my case with my OB. It was wonderful to finally meet with him and hear his thoughts directly. He explained some things that are really working in our favor and a few things we need to continue to monitor to ensure my health and safety through this pregnancy.
In light of that, I am becoming his patient and will be seeing him every 4 weeks in alternating 2 week rotations with Super OB. That is really reassuring to me. I will get to see a doctor about our baby every 2 weeks, at least, through the remainder of this pregnancy...however long that may be. In the interim, I am going to be visiting my OB every week that I don't have an appointment for dopplers to put my fears at ease until I feel movement consistently.
God bless these doctors for being so helpful and thoughtful about my peace of mind. Super OB and the perinatalogist are both big supporters of me getting weekly dopplers/frequent ultrasounds to closely monitor growth and healthy heartbeats. Amen to that!
I am going to soak up a good day and pray for more to come...of course, I will be curled in a chair fighting the nausea. Nevertheless, our baby is alive today and we have great support in place for the future!
Making Bets
2 weeks ago
4 comments:
WOOHOO! I am SO happy to hear that the appointment went well and that they are being so incredibly supportive and pro-active. Hang in there - you are doing great!
Have you thought about renting a doppler? We did and it has so put my mind at ease and helped me avoid the every week dr's visits. Good luck to you!
Yay! That's great news! :)
I did consider renting a doppler but discussed it with my doctor and we agreed it may be worse for me than just coming in weekly. The concern would be that I would have a hard time finding the heartbeat sometime and would stress myself out seriously while waiting the few hours to get in and see them to have it checked.
So, now I am just hopeful that things are going okay and I will go in once a week to make sure there's still a heartbeat.
Post a Comment