Thursday, January 21, 2010

Faker the Baker presents her Mighty Spidey cupcakes

I have zero qualms admitting that I was not put on this earth to bake. I do have an affinity for cheesecakes and have made some delightful ones from elbow grease, cookie crumbs, sugar and cream cheese.  And I've got a sweet tooth that is unrivaled in my family and my current group of friends.

I've never met a problem I didn't feel comfortable throwing money at. And at a time like this...looking 13 months pregnant and planning Bug's 3 year birthday party...I was almost willing to resort to picking up a grocery store cake or Sams's Club cupcakes. Instead, I decided to be the mom I want to be rather than the mom I am...I wanted to bake Bug's spider.man cupcakes. Now, I have baked his cupcakes for his party each year. I just figured that this year I might have earned a pass. No dice...I didn't let myself off the hook and I got as creative as a girl like me possibly can.

Allow me to present the Mighty Spidey cupcakes brought to you by Dun.can Hines red velvet box mix, a package of Spider.man candies and me!





I am proud of myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those turned out great! Nice job, Momma! And I am sure Bug LOVED them!