Monday, May 24, 2010

FW: I am a fucking idiot with nothing better to do than pass unverified shit and superstitious email across the internet

Is anyone else as sick as I am of receiving a boatload of forwards from certain people you know?!

Kinda wishing that life had a "de-friend" capability as simple as Facebook.
I would be using it on friends but mostly family.

What the hell kind of time do they think I have with a 3-year old and a 6-week old? Do they realize or even care that I flatly delete EVERY email from them b/c I am afraid to open it and find I wasted even a split second on another ghastly forward without the jazzy "FW" in the subject line?

I want to politely tell them to drop me off their damn contacts list but don't have the polite gene right now. Or the inclination to be polite to someone who is that fucking stupid.

2 comments:

Ms. J said...

I am with ya! I feel the same way bout those "getting to know you" emails - like I have time (or interest) in pondering what my favorite ice cream flavor is, or I care what is the last movie someone cried during?!

Best When Used By said...

It wouldn't matter if you DID tell them to knock it off....I've told my friends/family to PLEASE not send me the bullshit emails. You know, the ones that say things like: "Because you are a beautiful woman, I'm sending you this angel" and crap like that. Or the ones my mom sends me, warning me about people in mall parking lots ostensibly selling perfume but who use ether to knock you out and kidnap you (or other "warning" emails that are bunk anyway).

You know what? Nobody listens! They still send me the junk. Mewing cartoon kittens telling me I'm special. Animated angels and a message saying I must forward the email to 10 deserving women in 10 minutes. ETC.

It just doesn't stop.