Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Exhale...

We are home. All went smoothly. Our little man is here. He is Bub. Bug couldn't be a sweeter, more loving and interested big brother and Bub seems to dig Bug, as well. The tears stop when he hears his big brother's voice nearly every time.

The goal of giving our Bug a brother as a gift has been well received. There will be bumps in the road and times when I question my sanity and the boys will surely do the same. But they are brothers, we are a family of four and this is a smooth transition into our own personal family heaven!

Big has been a gem every moment and has kept the household sailing calmly in the midst of the changes while I lay upstairs nursing nearly non-stop all day. Somehow, the Bub decides to cluster feed himself in the evenings so we all get some solid 2-3 hour chunks of uninterrupted sleep between 9pm-9am!!

I am still not sure who I paid off or slept with or helped out or what...but certainly, I am reaping large benefits for something. I am feeling too lucky and blessed with good fortune to deserve any of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! I am so happy to hear that he is here, doing well, and SLEEPING! He sounds a lot like Briar was when she was born - it was almost as if she knew how long and hard my pregnancy with her had been and was rewarding me :)

BB said...

Thanks for your wishes! And congratulations to you too! I am so happy for you guys! :)