Friday, August 28, 2009

One down...

The first OB appointment is done.



We saw a heartbeat and everything is measuring as it should. 6w4d. I got the pictures and they have been safely tucked away.



It was a rough appointment. The waiting was a challenge for me. I understand that waiting is how it works and there is A LOT to handle at an initial OB visit.



Still, my doctor and both of my nurses are amazing and accommodating in a way that affirms all my admiration and adoration for them. Super OB (as I refer to her) asked several questions about whether I would prefer to do ultrasounds or dopplers throughout the pregnancy to feel more comfortable. I am not fond of either right now. I will never forget the ultrasound of Erin the day we couldn't find her heartbeat on doppler. I saw her clear as can be and I saw no heartbeat. It was unforgettable and for that reason, I will never look at an ultrasound the same way again. I asked if she could just do the ultrasound today without letting me see it. We decided that we will probably do another ultrasound at my next visit...if we make it that far. And she will just check without letting me see until things look okay and then she will turn the screen. Then from there, we'll go with dopplers. They did offer to let me come in as needed for ultrasounds/dopplers until I can monitor things myself through movement. That is a LONG way off and there is truly nothing I can do if this isn't going to work so I am just going to roll with it.


And whether or not anything actually comes of it, I know this baby is a boy. I can't say with any certainty if we will ever get to meet the little guy but there's another little fella in my belly.

I do hope we get to meet and keep this one. Here's to hoping...

No comments: