Click away if you don't feel like being a fly on the wall to my rant. That is all this is. If that doesn't arch your back, move on. Maybe come back another time. Maybe not. Sometimes I simply like to bitch.
When we rented to these tenants, I foresaw issues. Regardless, I figured they would have the sense to realize one simple truth: no matter how fucked up your finances become, paying for a place to live should be at the TIP TOP of the bill hierarchy. I shouldn't be giving the benefit of the doubt when figuring people have any sense. Some people are broke because they don't have a nugget of even the most basic financial concepts. Our tenants are those people. They may also be broke because they don't make much money. Who the hell knows how many things are a factor in their disastrous money situation?! Still income aside...if you use your sense, you can stretch a little bit of money a v-e-r-y l-o-n-g way.
Here we sit...on 2/23 and no rent has been paid to us this month. I emailed the tenants on 2/15 with a two sentence blip: It is 2/15 and we have heard nothing from you regarding rent. What is your plan?
I received a reply: Blah...blah...blah and blah...blah...blah.
Honestly, the content is irrelevant because with broke-ass mother fuckers it is ALWAYS going to be 'something'. And they always think that 'something' is out of their control. Not so. I leased apartments years ago after college and the same people were late month after month after month. And they always had a story. Each month a different story. But always the same outcome. And they didn't seem to get it either.
I have no sympathy for people who aren't wise with their money. It is not my responsibility to provide them a home in a beautiful neighborhood at my expense. Plain and simple. When they didn't pay us the first time they said they would this month...the next day I got an email explaining they would have the money paid in full on 2/22. When I hadn't heard from them by 8pm last night, I called all of their phones 2 separate times until they answered. (I was at a girls night out and had to deal with this bullshit so I was bitchier than my usual.) I made a 15 minute getaway from girls night to hand deliver a 3-day notice to vacate letter to the tenants and then went back to enjoy the rest of girls night. Apologies to my girls but this is my job in our household so I deal with it.
The bottom line: I have 2 young boys who don't deserve to have a mom who is half-with-them and half-in-my-head planning how to handle this situation every fucking month. And yes, it is every fucking month. I am currently hoping for time to fly until the end of the lease or until we can evict them. That just sucks. I don't want to be anxious for time to hurry past. These are precious days with my boys. I want to see every second tick by so I can soak them up before they are big kids who don't need me. Instead, I am wasting my time worrying about people who don't deserve my time.
THE TENANTS SUCK!
They are fuckers. And I don't give a single shit what reasons they offer. And I let them know as much as I walked away while the wife was giving me her latest reason. FUCK YOU. And the horse you rode in on. Pack up your shit, get the fuck outta my house. I'd rather pay while it sits empty than pay while it sits with you and your husband twiddling your thumbs and coming up with lame excuses why you aren't responsible for your finances. Grow the fuck up!
Told you I'd pop in from time-to-time when I had something to blog. Maybe next time it will be more positive.
Making Bets
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
I hope they vacate quickly. They sound like huge peckerheads.
You had me at the title of the post. But yeah, people like that don't even make paying their rent a priority.
And just for the record, I thought I was the only one who said the word 'fucker.' I'm glad to know I'm in good company!
Post a Comment